CODE OF CONDUCT
In all actions, Richmond Tea Party supporters are expected to uphold the planks of the organization and values established by our nation’s Founders in the U.S. Constitution.
This includes actions taken by Richmond Tea Party supporters during public rallies and demonstrations, online or through social media, and through interpersonal interactions with other people, regardless of others’ political views or behavior.
The five planks of the Richmond Tea Party are:
- Constitutional Adherence
- Limited Government
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Virtue & Accountability
- Free Markets
Accordingly, the following behavior is expected of each and every Richmond Tea Party supporter:
- Engage in peaceful public discourse.
- Respect the rule of law and the processes for political and policy action established under the U.S. Constitution.
- Spirited debate is a core and essential element of our political system; however, under no circumstances is it acceptable for Richmond Tea Party members to subject others to slurs or insults based on race, creed, religion, etc.
- Under no circumstances is it acceptable for Richmond Tea Party supporters to engage in unlawful or violent behavior in the pursuit of the policy or political objectives.
- The Founders provided for us an enduring set of rules for pursuing and effecting change in our nation. The Richmond Tea Party respects the rule of law and the processes for political and policy action established by the Founders under the U.S. Constitution.
Any person who violates this Code of Conduct in the pursuit of political and policy objectives automatically disqualifies himself or herself with identification in the Richmond Tea Party.