It’s being reported that a deal on the debt ceiling may come to a vote in the next 24-48 hours. Please contact Congressman Cantor’s office and tell him that you do NOT support raising the debt ceiling without following the “Cut, Cap, and Balance” proposal.
Remember: NO RAISING of the debt ceiling without Cut, Cap, and Balance!
Would you please take a few minutes to contact his office using ALL of these methods?
1. CALL: Call his D.C. office at (202) 225-2815
2. EMAIL: Contact page
3. FAX (if you have the capability): (202) 225-0011
If you are feeling REALLY energetic, a call to his Richmond office wouldn’t hurt, as well: (804) 747-4073
PLEASE TAKE ACTION IMMEDIATELY, as we may only have a day or so to have our voices be heard.
What is the Cut, Cap, and Balance pledge? From the website:
I pledge to urge my Senators and Member of the House of Representatives to oppose any debt limit increase unless all three of the following conditions have been met:
1. Cut – Substantial cuts in spending that will reduce the deficit next year and thereafter.
2. Cap – Enforceable spending caps that will put federal spending on a path to a balanced budget.
3. Balance – Congressional passage of a Balanced Budget Amendment to the U.S. Constitution — but only if it includes both a spending limitation and a super-majority for raising taxes, in addition to balancing revenues and expenses.
For more information, go here.