We’re hearing all over the news how the economic problems in D.C. are all the fault of the tea party. That’s YOU! Certainly we can understand the lies and propaganda to deflect away from the horrible performance of Congress, but you need to suspend logic and reality to accept that blather. One of my favorite comments I saw was on the VA blog Bearing Drift…one commentor called tea partiers “Teahadists”. I actually thought that was fairly witty.
Town Hall magazine was nice enough to compile a list of the Top 5 things you are wrecking. From the article:
1) The Tea Partiers Lost America’s AAA Credit Rating. Sure, the Tea Partiers may have supported the Ryan Plan and Cut, Cap, and Balance, both of which would have preserved America’s AAA credit rating, but what we’ve just experienced is a “Tea Party downgrade.” How does that work? Well, just as Paul Revere caused the British to attack America and Mothers Against Drunk Driving causes people to drive drunk, the Tea Partiers caused America’s credit downgrade with their incessant demands that we cut spending to avert a credit downgrade…or something. It’s a little foggy.
2) The Tea Partiers Are Extremely Radical. Have you heard these radical yahoos going on about what they want to do? They actually want to stick to the Constitution and balance the budget! What kind of crazy talk is that? Need I remind you that the last time we had people talking like that in this country, they clung to their guns and religion, too. Next thing you know, they actually overthrew the government over taxes. Are those really the type of people we want to emulate in this country?
3) The Tea Partiers’ Patriotism Is Appalling. How do people keep from retching when they hear these speakers talking about the Founding Fathers and encouraging crowds of American flag-waving Tea Partiers to keep the American Dream alive? Don’t they know that sophisticated Americans recognize that America is the root of all evil in the world? Haven’t these people read Noam Chomsky? Haven’t they noticed our President bowing to other world leaders because he’s so embarrassed to be leading a country like America?
4) The Tea Partiers Use Violent Rhetoric. Have you ever listened to these Tea Partiers talk? It’s “cut” this, “target” that, “job killing,” “liberty or death,” “Don’t Tread of me!” Obviously, when we’re dealing with hostage-taking, fascistic terrorists who want to dynamite the American political system and force us all to eat “Satan sandwiches,” then we’ve got to stop their violent rhetoric by any means necessary while showing the sort of civility that these Tea Baggers have such disdain for. Granted, our manners and civilized behavior put us at a disadvantage when fighting against these filthy hobbits, but never fear, we’ll still take the high road and win!
5) The Tea Partiers Are Diehard Racists! Obviously, Tea Partiers are hardcore racists — like members of the KKK – well, other than Robert Byrd, bless his soul. Have you heard some of the things these people have said? How about the Tea Partier who described Obama as “a ‘light-skinned’ African American ‘with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one.’” Ooops, that was Harry Reid! Well, what about the Tea Partier who said, “A few years ago, (Obama) would have been getting us coffee.” Ah…actually, that was Bill Clinton. All right, here’s one: How about this Tea Partier quote, “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.” So, that was Joe Biden? Well, Barack Obama is a prominent black American who says those people are all right — so that proves they’re not racists! Can anyone name one prominent black American who says the same thing about the Tea Partiers? Allen West, well, he is one — but, can you name another? Herman Cain? Tim Scott? Larry Elder? What about the black Tea Partiers who protested the NAACP, you ask? Well, well….the Tea Partiers are racist…BECAUSE!
Have you had enough of the lies and false characterizations? Are you ready to Stand Up and Step Up to make a difference in the upcoming VA state elections? John Pride from the elections committee would love to help you direct your disgust into something more productive…email him at johnp@RichmondTeaParty.com.