The public comment period is now open to share your comments on the planned MASSIVE spending project for Chesterfield bike paths….the last number I saw was over $300 million. Yes, you read that correctly. But the deadline is TUESDAY, so act now!
Below is an email from the county describing how prior comments were lost and need to be resubmitted. if you feel compelled to leave public comments please do so. You may also wish to contact the supervisors directly to share your thoughts. Here’s some information:
Why might you NOT support this massive expenditure? Here’s just a few….
- very few citizens ride or walk outside their neighborhood as a matter of day to day living. – transfer of wealth from the many to the few.
- a number of cyclist are killed yearly competing with vehicle traffic – lonely trails attract personal attacks by criminals – dangerous
- all trails/bikeways will have to cared for daily/yearly by additional county staff – govt grows
- many trails will go behind and along private yards enabling anyone to violate normal personal privacy – Privacy, 4th amendment
- Money is a constant struggle…do we really want bike paths over any other initiatives?
—– Forwarded Message —–
From: “Capel, Heather” <CapelH@chesterfield.gov>
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 2:27 PM
Subject: Public Comment – Chesterfield Bikeways and Trails
You received an email from me earlier this month seeking public comment on the second draft of the new chapter of the Comprehensive Plan – Bikeways and Trails. Unfortunately, there was a computer glitch and we cannot retrieve comments that were received from September 1 – 14. If you made a comment during that time period, please take a moment and resubmit your comment at www.chesterfield.gov/bikeplan.
This public comment period will remain open until next Tuesday, September 22 at midnight. The Planning Commission will hold a public hearing on this chapter at their October 20 meeting starting at 6 pm in the Public Meeting Room located at 10001 Iron Bridge Rd.
I apologize for the inconvenience and encourage you to submit a comment regarding the second draft of this new chapter of the Comprehensive Plan. Don’t hesitate to call or email me directly with questions or comments. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Heather Barrar |Principal Planner
Chesterfield County Planning Department
9800 Government Center Parkway| Chesterfield, Virginia 23832-0040
Phone: 804.748.1778 | Fax: 804.717.6295 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org